View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:43 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 3

Wisdom for Today

Each day I face new choices. Some of these choices are easy, and others are more difficult. I used to do a simple cost-benefit analysis to make my decisions. For the most part this worked fine. I simply needed to determine what a particular choice would cost me physically, emotionally, financially or socially. Next I would figure what the benefits would be and then do that which made more sense. I began to realize that this process did not always accomplish what I wanted it to achieve. Even when I thought the choices I made were good, I found out that they did not produce the desired results. Something was missing.

Too often I was leaving my Higher Power out of the equation. I was not evaluating the choices I faced in light of my values. When I started to make a conscious effort to include my values and the will of my Higher Power in my decision-making, then I found that I was at peace. I could live with my decisions and know that I had done what was best for me in each situation. I’m not saying this made choice making any easier, but it did make the choices clear. Do I pray for “knowledge of His will” and the power to carry that out?

Meditations for the Heart

Learning to accept the struggles in life and realizing that God will walk with me in every struggle has made my life better. It is a matter of faith and reliance on my Higher Power. Trusting God to be there for me has not always been easy, nor has it always resulted in the outcome I would expect. Frequently I am surprised by the fact that the outcome was not at all what I had hoped for, but I have clear evidence that God gave me the strength and courage to deal with the struggle. I have found that often times I gain strength by simply admitting I am weak and need help. I guess that is why my sponsor kept telling me to, “turn it over.” Am I learning to “practice these principles in all my affairs?”

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Each day brings new challenges and new triumphs. Help me to admit when I need help and to turn to those people that You lead me to for help. Give me a humble heart and mind, so that I may be grateful for the small and large triumphs I experience in my day. When I face new choices in life, let me turn to You first for help in making my decisions.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: