View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

Wisdom for Today

There is an inner dialog that goes on in the mind of every addict and alcoholic. This inner dialog goes on between the “sober self” and the “addicted self.” Much of this inner dialog occurs at a subconscious level, and other parts of this dialog occur on a conscious level. Sometimes I am not even aware that this conversation is going on, and at other times it is right in my face. I can be sitting at a meeting and someone will share something that unconsciously triggers the addict's voice inside of me. I hear this voice telling me that the story that the other person shared, "doesn't apply to me." Or maybe it will say that, "He can't help me."

You see this addict alcoholic voice does not always get me thinking about drinking or using. Sometimes it gets me thinking about how the program can't help me. These are thoughts I can not harbor for long. This is where the "sober voice" must speak up and speak up loudly. I need to have a strong sober voice inside that convinces me not to listen to that other voice. Here, too, I need to not only listen to the sober voice inside of me, but I also need to listen to others in the program and I also need to listen to my Higher Power. This is perhaps the most powerful voice I can listen to. Do I recognize the inner dialog I have going on inside? Do I listen to the strong sober voices? Do I also heed the voice of my Higher Power?

Meditations for the Day

Change is not always quick. Sometimes it is painfully slow. Today I know that it is necessary for me to endure the slow pace that change sometimes takes. By learning patience and endurance, I grow. And the change I experience has always been worth it. Sometimes I have had a difficult time seeing this. Sometimes the voice of addiction can make it harder for me to see change as a good thing. But I know that if I hang in there, the promises of change that the program offers are a good thing. Am I willing to learn patience and endurance?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Let me sit quietly this morning and listen for Your voice in my life. Strengthen the inner voice of my "sober self." Let me learn to listen to others in meeting and draw on their strength and wisdom as I fight the good fight against the inner voice of addiction. Help me this day to do the next right thing and to follow You on the path You lay before me.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: