View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 15

Wisdom for Today

It was like I had a one-track mind, like a speeding train that was always heading in the direction of self-destruction. Yes, I did a lot of things right -- I went to work, I played with the kids, I helped out around the house, but always in the back of my mind was getting wasted. Everything I did was solely for the purpose of being able to drink or drug. I became obsessed with altering my reality. I continued down the track until my train derailed. Each time my train crashed, it was not pretty; and each time it got worse. Still I would patch things back together and get right back on the same track. This was the insanity of my addiction -- doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result.
In recovery I have learned that I do not need to get back on that train today. I do not have to be obsessed with changing my reality. I do not have to get wasted or destroy my life. The program has truly given me new choices. Yes, I can still try to use my old ways to solve problems; or I can use the steps and the principles of the program. I have learned that there is really very little in life that I do control, but I do control how I respond to life's situations and struggles. I can choose to respond with wisdom, or I can choose to respond with insanity. I do have a choice. Do I seek out wisdom in responding to life's struggles?

Meditations for the Heart

Each morning I try to start my day apart from the busy hustle and bustle of the day and spend time with God. It really is not so much the prayers I say that has created change in my life as much as simply spending time with God. It is this relationship that has led me down a path to wisdom. Simply put, seeking after God's will for me forces me to find wisdom. I used to think that following God's will was hard. What I have found out is that following God's will actually makes life easier. I do not do this perfectly, and I still make plenty of mistakes, but I know in my heart that I have made tremendous progress over time. Am I taking quiet time to walk with my Higher Power each day?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,
Today I seek Your will for my life. Help me to be quiet and listen for the wisdom that You will provide. Help me to think through life's struggles and see the choices I have. Give me the courage to choose to be healthy today.
Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: