View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

My favorite slogan is "Let it begin with me."

It reminds me that my recoveryis about me and not about the other person. No matter what someone says or does, it is about me, my thoughts and my actions.

The slogan that has probably helped me the most and has helped me to change my old habits and behaviors is "Hesitate and Meditate." Stop before I think and react.

With it goes the slogan "Listen to Learn, Learn to Listen." It was always about me and what I needed. I had to learn to stop and listent to others and to what they had to say. Sometimes the best way you can help somone is to just listen to them.

But for the Grace of God - I would not be here. My name in real life means God's Gracious Gift. I did not think it was so for many years. I used and abused myself and allowed others to do so. I had to come to realize that I was loved, that this second chance at life was given to me, it was up to me to give back to others, the special gift that I had been given.

We can`t compare this Christmas with Christmas past if we stay clean and sober. We have a Higher Power, hopefully new friends and acquaintances. We can go to meetings and connect with others, we are no longer alone.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote