Old 06-18-2017, 11:50 AM   #32
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thought for the Day
Sunday, JUNE 18

From the book: Food for Thought

Homesickness

There are certain foods, which we will always associate with home and which make us nostalgic to recapture the past. No matter how much we eat, we cannot go back home and again be the babies and little children we were. No food will satisfy our longing for the love, care, and safety most of us associate with home. Even (and especially) if our dependency needs were not met when we were young, eating unnecessary food now will not help.

As we grow in relationship with our Higher Power, we begin to believe that home lies ahead, rather than behind us. We begin to see that our homesickness is for a spiritual state instead of a physical place. Wherever we are, we are pilgrims and travelers, not sure of our final destination but drawn toward something more than what we know in this world. We sense that though we are in the world, we are not of it, that we are homesick for a spiritual fulfillment.

May our homesickness bring us closer to You.
Interesting, never thought of it in this way. know I can have spiritual hunger and void, but never saw things in this light.

Homesickness for me was my mother's home made bread and buns. She cooked meat, potatoes, and veggies to perfection and was a dream baker. Made her cakes from scratch and tasted as light and much better than anything that came out of a box. Very seldom boxed foods came into our house unless is was cereal, or things like cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote