Thread: Gratitude List
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #440
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Grateful for a day of sobriety, even though it is only half way through. I am still waiting to eat lunch.
Grateful that I woke up to sunshine. Getting much better at this morning thing, woke up at 10 am on my own.
Grateful that my son made potato salad even though I think he went overboard on the onion. I think they call that a left handed compliment.
Grateful that my sister went into the hospital and didn't wait too overly long, which she has a habit of doing. She even canceled a couple of appointments to go.
Grateful that I booked Darts to go to a meeting tonight and Tuesday. The group tonight needs support and is my old home group in NA.
Grateful for Darts, even though I do cuss them once in a while (trying to do better on that), they will pick me up from the hospital on Monday and take me to the hospital my sister is in, and then bring me home. I have the follow up from when I was in the hospital to see what is causing me to fall.
Grateful that I have lots of Kleenex as my nose wants to run off my face. I think I am running a fever too, so not going to see my sister today. Taking some Echinacea.
Grateful that my friend Theresa is giving me my pin on Thursday. No one knows me like she does.
Grateful that I was able to celebrate in NA on Friday. It was a celebration for NA, left to my own devises, I would not have celebrated because I have only been back in NA for two months. It was great to have so many people new in recovery there. Too bad they don't get the support from long-timers in the fellowship. It was one of the reason why I joined the group. I hope it isn't like that in other groups in the fellowship. Sadly, membership and attendance at meetings is down. I am thinking that a lot of people who goo through treatment think they have done all the Steps and don't need meetings any more. Sadly, all they have done is an extensive 1st Step, and when they get to their 1st year, then the work begins. It takes 11 months to detox.
Grateful for the program. The suggestions are laid down for us. There are some darn well betters, or you will go back out. I have seen it happen far too many times, worse still when they go back out, it takes a long time for them to come back if they make it. I know I had 2 sponsees who didn't want to work the program, went back out and died.
Grateful for those who follow my journey with me. God Bless.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote