View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 09:43 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 7

“A Prayer For Being An Encourager”

Father, kingdom principles that Jesus taught and modeled such as, “It is more blessed to give than to receive” is especially true when we give ourselves fully to the work of the Gospel, encouraging and spurring one another on toward growth in Christ and the good deeds that follow. When we share with others and invest in their lives, we find ourselves mutually blessed, encouraged and built up in the faith as Christ is at work in our hearts. It in His name that we pray. Amen.

Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ's name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

Prayer Not to Judge Others (by Jane Austen)

Heavenly Father, give me grace to endeavor after a truly Christian spirit to seek to attain that temper of forbearance and patience of which my blessed savior has set me the highest example, and which, while it prepares me for the spiritual happiness of the life to come, will secure the best enjoyment of what the world can give. Incline me, O God, to think humbly of myself, to be severe only in the examination of my own conduct, to consider my fellow creatures with kindness, and to judge of all they say and do with that charity that I would desire from them myself. In Christ's name I pray, Amen.

May the God of peace, who declared victory over death by the resurrection of His only Son, Jesus Christ, make me perfect in every thought and act through His grace, that my life might be pleasing in his sight and that I might share the perfect peace that is only possible through Him, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:22, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for establishing us on the firm foundation of your Word and your promise, your promise that expresses the great longing and hope in so many people's hearts. For they do not want their lives to remain base and petty but want to look toward something higher, rejoicing that the promise can be fulfilled for them. So today we too stand ready for the coming time you are bringing, and we exult in our expectation of the future. We rejoice in the expectation of the time when you will give your Spirit to us and to all those who answer your call and become your helpers. Amen.

A New Song

Oh what a beautiful morning to praise You, Lord. I sing a new song and rejoice in my Maker; let Israel rejoice in her Maker; let the people of Zion be glad for You are our King. We praise Your name with dancing and make music to You with tambourine and harp. You take delight in Your people; and crown the humble with salvation. All the saints shall everywhere rejoice and sing for joy on their beds. The praises of God shall be in our mouths…Praise the Lord! Amen

Scripture Reading Psalm 149:1-9 (NIV)

Dear Lord, thank you for today. As I face the day help me remember that it is not how many times I fail that count, but that I pick myself up and try again.

Dear Lord, teach me to follow You, not just to try to do as You did, but to be as You were. That's the core of it, isn't it? ... If I try to be -- to become more Christ-like -- then my doing will be the fruit, won't it? ... I must have love in my heart -- no unforgiveness, no bitterness, no envy, no self-centered agenda -- then it will be easy to show love in my actions. I'll need Your help. I can't do it without You, but if I truly seek Your will, and ask for the Holy Spirit's guidance, then I will be able to fulfill Your plan for my life. ... Help me to develop patience, and strength and courage, for Your sake and for mine.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, help me to live, that my spirit may always dwell in thy protecting love. Amen.

Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth. When I gaze at the heavens which you have formed, and look at the moon and the stars which you have set there, I realize how small we are in the magnificence of your creation. Yet you treasure us above all that you have made, and you give us control over all the works of your hand - animals both wild and tame, birds in the air, and the creatures of the sea. Lord, our God and King, your greatness is seen throughout the earth.

“A Prayer of Thanks For God’s Reliable Love”

Father, we know Your love because You first loved us. You gave Your one and only Son to die for our sins so that we would not perish but spend eternity in heaven with You. As our roots grow down into Your love we gain strength, understanding, and maturity. Though we cannot grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, we can respond in love to You. Just as we rely on the love You have for us, may You find our love consistent and reliable. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Workplace Prayer

My Heavenly father, as I enter this workplace I bring your presence with me. I speak your peace, your grace, your mercy, and your perfect order in this office. I acknowledge your power over all that will be spoken, thought, decided, and done within these walls.

Lord, I thank you for the gifts you have blessed me with. I commit to using them responsibly in your honor. Give me a fresh supply of strength to do my job. Anoint my projects, ideas, and energy so that even my smallest accomplishment may bring you glory.

Lord, when I am confused guide me. When I am burned out infuse me with the light of the Holy Spirit. May the work that I do and the way I do it bring faith, joy, and a smile to all that I come in contact with today.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: