View Single Post
Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 17

NO SHRINE

"I realized that the world might never build a shrine to the fact that I was sober." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 336

"For the Lord delights in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation." Psalm 149:4

For what it's worth: Alcoholism consorted with my defects of character and loved ones were deeply hurt. They certainly will build no shrine. Some may never forgive me. However, I know who has. A Higher Power has absolved me and takes delight in my recovery. God made a respectable man out of this past pitiful drunk, and He desires to be close to me. He guided me to Alcoholics Anonymous and gives me the Twelve Steps to climb up to an intimate relationship with Him, hopefully forever, surely for today.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: