View Single Post
Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 21

PAIN WILL TURN TO JOY

"Most alcoholics have to be pretty badly mangled before they really commence to solve their problems." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 43

"…You will have pain, but your pain will turn into joy.” John 16:20

For what it’s worth: The idea of joy somehow hidden in pain was a religious hoax inflicted on the naive. I knew better. God was punishing me because of the people I hurt, so there would be no joy from the horror of my alcoholism. Again, I undersold God. Looking back, I see the bliss had already started. God was using my fear to drive me to Alcoholics Anonymous where my pain did turn to joy. Granted, it took work and God’s grace, starting with staying sober one-day-at-a-time despite severe cravings to drink. Then, regardless of my resistance, I needed to solve many problems using the Twelve Steps. Along the way I have seen every drop of agony I have ever experienced used by God in some creative way to help me or another suffering soul. Yet, realizing all of this, I still wait for distress to become intolerable before I surrender to my Heavenly Father. Today, I pray I will go to Him sooner, and I wil ask Him to come to me in case I get stubborn again.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: