View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:25 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 22

GOD'S WORK

"Clean the slate, God, so we can start the day fresh! Keep me from stupid sins, from thinking I can take over your work." Psalm 19:13 (The Message)

"We constantly remind ourselves we are no longer running the show, humbly saying to ourselves many times each day 'Thy will be done.'" Alcoholics Anonymous, page 88

For what it's worth: "My will be done" was my attitude during my drinking days, dragging me to the gates of hell. To avoid the eternal fires I had to accomplish something impossible for me: surrender "running the show" to a Higher Power. God’s merciful grace and lengthy sobriety in Alcoholics Anonymous taught me this, and, there by, saved my life. Despite the risk, I still stupidly keep trying to "take over" God's work. I am deeply grateful I "can start the day fresh" anytime during the day, especially when I forget to seek God's will and jump right in with my insane ways.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: