bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

LETTING GO

"Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you."
1 Peter 5:7 (NLT)

"We relax and take it easy. We don't struggle."
Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

For what it's worth: My fear of God was real and deep. I had betrayed Him and harmed many of His children. So, how was I able to abandon myself to God when the people in Alcoholics Anonymous assured me it was necessary to avoid alcoholism's hell? It was fear, not virtue, motivating me to talk about this at meetings and with my sponsor. The answer was always the same: ask God for help. When finally humble enough to do so, His arms were open and His support was immediate. My Heavenly Father had been waiting for me. Now, through many sober years and numerous personal experiences He has taught me to trust His love. Absolutely every time I "let go and let God", I can relax and not struggle as I do when I insist on letting go of God and letting Joe.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: