View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #25
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 25

RENEWED DAY BY DAY

“On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 86

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16

For what it’s worth: Every dawn was dreaded. Experience had proven the day would be full of alcohol, agony, anxiety, and despair. Let me not forget those mornings, and let me always thank God and Alcoholics Anonymous it is different now. I am renewed each morning with a new attitude. I am not faced with all of life, just twenty four hours of it, and no matter what yesterday was like, I can start over, making this the first twenty four hours in the rest of my life. I can have refreshed resolve, knowing I am not alone. My Heavenly Father will be with me all day long, and together we will be able to handle anything. Therefore, I go into this "first" day with gratitude and renewed trust in my Heavenly Father’s love.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: