View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #213
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
One of the things that stood out for me this weekend was a person who shared, when you take away the alcohol, the 'ics' are still there.

The alcohol was but a symptom of my disease. It was the thinking and behaviors behind the drinking that I needed to change and let go of.

I haven't had a drink in 18 years and yet I can still slip back into old patterns and behaviors. The good thing is it doesn't happen as often and I can recognize where I am at and I can make a decision to pick up the tools to change.

Just for this day, I will try to be the best me that I can be today.
Well this needs an up date, this was typed 5 years ago. It is a one day at a time program. I haven't had a drink for 23 years ago, and I can still slip back into old behaviors. I was just thinking at my Al-Anon meeting this week, I seldom pull a hissy fit and do the stomping of the feet and don't do the yelling and screaming like a banshee thing, yet the old me can still put in an appearance.

I was having a little chuckle today while walking in the mall downstairs. A sponsee of mine once told me that I was the only person she knew who could wear red and black and not look like a hooker. I think it was a compliment. I was wearing black tights and a long red top with black print and the thought came to mind, I certainly hope so seeing as I am 73. I don't even want to look like a retired one, yet I don't want to look put out to pasture and over the hill either. LOL!

So many times we look at judge. Hopefully there is enough goodness inside that it shines through and makes itself known in today. AA tamed the shrew a long time ago.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote