View Single Post
Old 09-10-2017, 01:05 AM   #215
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lie down and listen to the crabgrass grow, the faucet leak, and learn to leave them so.

– Marya Mannes

Sometimes we are driven by a need to get everything done. We have an inner sense of what we should be, and we work toward meeting that expectation. But we may strive beyond those goals because of what we believe our friends, our coworkers, and even the advertising media expect of us.

Only we decide which expectations to satisfy. But first, we must be sure that the things we strive for are really our needs and goals. If an alphabetized spice rack or an organized workbench gives us no satisfaction, why should we alphabetize or organize? If an imperfect lawn doesn’t bother us, we can let go of our concern and let the crabgrass grow.

Today, I will hold on only to my goals and expectations. I will let go of those which give me no joy.
This was a reading on Expectations posted on another site on September 7.

The following are three replies I made after reading the quote. I can't believe how different and yet the same they are.

Quote:
Liked the quote. You can't be in too big of a hurry if you are watching grass grow. Sometimes we don't change that much, it is hard to see it in ourselves, and we are generally the last ones to know. There is no race to be run. There is no need to rush, just face things as they appear in today, don't look at the whole picture, you can become over whelmed. When the time is right you will know, if you turn your day over and put it in the care of your Higher Power
Quote:

Crab grass reminds me of my disease. It invades everything and spreads into every nook and cranny of my life.

Nothing is more frustrating to me than to hear a tap dripping. It drives me crazy. I do everything I can to stop it, it becomes a major emergency. It can be something so simple, which is generally the last straw, and I lose it. Thanks to the tools of recovery, I don't have to act out in my disease.

The promises say I will know a new freedom and a new happiness. I no longer have to live that way, I have nothing to fear, I have my God with me.
Quote:
So true, it isn't just about the drinking, it is about the thinking. It is about living my life, not just existing and marking time. People look at me funny when I say that there are not enough hours in a day.

I do not do patience well. I can see the perception was off when it was posted and I got a different view of what was written. Sometimes that is how we live life, just sitting there waiting for it to happen and when it catches up to us, we are overwhelmed and we wonder what to do with it.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote