View Single Post
Old 06-17-2017, 07:09 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

June 17

Prayer
Those of us who have come to make regular use of prayer would no more do without it than
we would refuse air, food, or sunshine. And for the same reason. When we refuse air,
light, or food, the body suffers. And when we turn away from meditation and prayer,
we likewise deprive our minds, our emotions, and our intuitions of vitally needed support.
- 12 Steps & 12 Traditions, p. 97

Thought to Ponder . . .
Today I pray over the things that I used to drink over.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
P R A Y E R = Praying Regularly Allows Your Everyday Recovery.

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Neighbors

"Near you, alcoholics are dying helplessly
like people on a sinking ship.
If you live in a large place, there are hundreds.
High and low, rich and poor,
these are future fellows of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Among them you will make lifelong friends.
You will be bound to them with new and wonderful ties,
for you will escape disaster together
and you will commence shoulder to shoulder
your common journey.
Then you will know what it means to give of yourself
that others may survive and rediscover life.
You will learn the full meaning of
'Love they neighbor as thyself.' "
1976AAWS, Alcoholics Anonymous, pp. 152-3

Thought to Consider . . .
Let us always love the best in others -
and never fear their worst.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
B O G G L E = Bad Or Good, God Loves Everyone

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Rescued From Shipwreck
>From "There Is a Solution:"
"We are people who normally would not mix.... We are like the passengers of a great liner the moment after
rescue from shipwreck when camaraderie, joyousness and democracy pervade the vessel from steerage to Captain's table. Unlike the feelings of the ship's passengers, however, our joy in escape from disaster does not subside as we go our individual ways....
"The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 3rd edition: 17

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"I am still arrogant, egocentric, self-righteous, with no humility, even phony at times, but I'm trying to be a better person and help my fellowman. Guess I'll never be a saint, but whatever I am, I want to be sober and in AA."
July 1975
"One of Those Bad Cons Nobody Can Reach,"
AA Grapevine

*~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Though there is no way of proving it, we believe that early in our
drinking careers most of us could have stopped drinking. But the
difficulty is that few alcoholics have enough desire to stop while
there is yet time."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 32

"Once more: The alcoholic at certain times has no effective mental
defense against the first drink. Except in a few rare cases, neither
he nor any other human being can provide such a defense. His defense
must come from a Higher Power."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, More About Alcoholism, pg. 43~

"This dream world has been replaced by a great sense of purpose, accompanied by a growing consciousness of the power of God in our lives."
-Alcoholics Anonymous p. 130 (The Family Afterward)

"At these critical moments, if we remind ourselves that "it is better to comfort than to be comforted, to understand than to be understood, to love than to be loved," we will be following the intent of Step Eleven."
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 103 (Step Eleven)

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Though many theologians hold that sudden spiritual experience amount to a special distinction, if not a divine appointment of some sort, I question this view. Every human being, no matter what his attributes for good or evil, is a part of the divine spiritual economy. Therefore, each of us has his place, and I cannot see that God intends to exalt one over another.
So it is necessary for all of us to accept whatever positive gifts we receive with a deep humility, always bearing in mind that our negative attitudes were first necessary as a means of reducing us to such a state that we would be ready for a gift of the positive ones via the conversion experience. Your own alcoholism and the immense deflation that finally resulted are indeed the foundation upon which your spiritual experience rests.

Prayer for the Day: Let me turn to my Higher Power throughout my day today in order to come into regular contact with it.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: