View Single Post
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 6

Prayer of Confession

Most merciful God, I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself; and I sorrow for these wrongful acts and omissions from the bottom of my heart. I humbly and fully repent all of my misdeeds, and pray that for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, you will have mercy on me and forgive me, not by my merits, but by that grace that He has granted those who confess his name. And I pray that you will be in my heart and walk with me, that I might sin no more. Amen.

Prayer for All People

O God, the creator and preserver of all mankind, I humbly pray to you for all sorts and conditions of humanity; that it might please you to make your Word known to them and bring your saving health to all nations. In particular I pray for the entirety of your church, in all of its many forms; that it may be guided and governed by your Holy Spirit, and that all who profess your name and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth. May all of us live in that unity of spirit which our faith in Christ provides to us, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.

Finally, I commend to your fatherly goodness all those who are ill or in distress, in their mind, body, or circumstances. May it please you to comfort and relieve them in accordance with their needs, giving them patience during their suffering, and a fortunate outcome to all of their problems. And this I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, who was always pleased to relieve the suffering of those he encountered. Amen.

Meditation

[May all of us be guided by the Holy Spirit.]

Oh God who has made me, oh God who keeps me, oh God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down Your blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep You in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day and the week to come, and evermore. Amen.

Renewing Thought Patterns

It is written, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” I no longer desire to conform to the pattern of this world, but may I be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then my thoughts and my ways will be changed to Your thoughts and Your ways, in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, when a new electric bulb fails to light, I do not say that there must be something wrong with the theory of electricity, but rather that there must be something wrong with its connection to the power source. ... When my prayers seem to go unanswered, help me to realize that it is not Your love or power that is missing, but rather my connection with You. Show me, Lord, what thoughts or deeds of mine are causing the break, and help me to get in "sync" with You.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, help me to kindle my life by the shining light of thy power and love, that I may be an ambassador for thee. Amen.

God our Father, you made each of us unique and unrepeatable. Inspire me to live in such a way that I respect others and am ready to learn from all who are part of my life this day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for our sins so that we might have eternal life. I am grateful to be Your child. I thank You for purifying me from the things that are not like You. Lord, I cannot cleanse myself, but I know when I ask You to remove the things in my life that are wicked, You will come and do it. Keep me this day from temptation and fill me with Your love and help me to become more and more like You. I asked this in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, open our hearts to the wonder of being able to call you Father, the wonder of being united with you. You are the source of all life and strength. In you is redemption, and we need to be redeemed before we can live rightly. Take from us the pressures forced on us by the flood of events. Make us completely free as people led by your hand, people who may be joyful because everything will be overcome through the power you grant us in Jesus Christ. Protect us from fear and from all evil. Show more and more clearly your good and wonderful goal for men on earth, so that in expectation they may find happiness even in all the stress of today. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: