View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 11

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for sending the Counselor, the Holy Spirit to teach me all things. Holy Spirit, I trust You to bring all things to my remembrance that Jesus has said. You are the Spirit of truth, guiding me into all truth. You speak only what You hear, and You will tell me what is yet to come. I come to fellowship with You this morning, and receive You as my Companion. Amen

Dear Lord, remind me that discipline is a requirement of discipleship. For how else can I discover the truth of Your declaration to Your disciple Paul: "My strength is made perfect in [your] weakness."* I must prove this in my own life if I am to share it with others. ... Help me, Lord, as I struggle with difficult problems in circumstances that test my faith. Help me to see that I do need You, and remind me to wait for Your leading. In the midst of it all, let me feel Your peace, and then discover that You are indeed adequate for all of my needs.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (II Cor. 12:9)

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, may I remember that to protect the character of others is to add virtue to my own. Grant that I may see the good and not be looking for the evil. Cause me to know that peace will not abide in deceit or revenge, but may be found in a happy and charitable spirit. Help me to earn thy peace. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You today and I do thank you for all of the wonderful advice You have recorded in the Bible. Help me to heed it and live by it, for I know that when I do, I will experience blessings in this life. Lord, help me not to get caught up in anything that is deceptive or that plays on the fleshly desires in my life. Give me discernment and wisdom in my monetary affairs. Help me to put You first in my finances by giving tithes and offerings. I know then You will protect me from the snares of the devil who comes to rob, steal and kill. Thank you, Lord for Your provision today and help me to be sensitive as to how I can help others and the work of the gospel. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Being Lightbearers”

Father, You make our light shine brightest when we’re surrounded by darkness. We don’t seek to blend into the darkness but want to shine Your light so that those walking in darkness can see the way to repentance. Even as we’re able to see God in the face of Christ, may the world see Christ in the face of Christian believers all over this dark planet. In Your name, Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, grant us true unity with your Son Jesus Christ, so that his power can be revealed in us and we may find new life in which we can truly serve you. Protect us from all error. Be among us with your Spirit to make us people who are genuine. Let your will be carried out more and more in this age. Let your will again intervene so that a new creation may come, a new heaven and a new earth, as we have been promised. May your name be great among us, may your kingdom come and everything in heaven and on earth be done according to your will. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we love You. We thank You for the gift of life and love, as well as friends and faith. Help us to share these blessings with all whom we encounter and meet today. In Your holy name, we cheerfully pray. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: