View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 07:03 AM   #51
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 18

Quote of the Week

“If you’re having trouble making a decision, maybe you shouldn’t."

When I got sober, I suddenly found that I had a lot more options and choices in my life. Now that I wasn’t drinking all the time, I could decide to do many other things – go to meetings or fellowship, fix up the house, visit family and friends again... Soon, I decided that I needed to make big changes – move to a new city, change relationships, careers, etc. And that’s when my sponsor suggested that I don’t make any big changes during the first year of recovery.

While this didn’t make any sense to me, he explained that while I may not be the person I was while drinking, I was still not the person I would become yet. What I needed to do was work the Steps, get some clarity, and begin making changes and decisions slowly, and with God’s help. He suggested I pray over things first, and wait to see what God’s will might be for me. This advice has served me well over the years.
​​​​​​​
These days, I’ve learned that I no longer have to impulsively act on what I think I want do. In fact, I’ve found that if I’m having trouble making a decision, then that means I need to pray over it more until I get a stronger sense of direction. I’ve also learned to not fear making a mistake, because I know that decisions aren’t forever. Today, I struggle less over making a decision, and know that I’m not alone. God is my partner in my life today, and as long as I am willing to go to Him for advice, and follow the direction I receive, things turn out for the best
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote