View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 11:08 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 9

Commitment to Pray

Father, in the name of Jesus, I am Your building under construction—a house of prayer. I abide in You and Your Word abides in me. With the Holy Spirit as my Helper, and by the grace of God, I commit to a life of prayer—I will not turn coward or give up. I desire to become more deeply and intimately acquainted with You, my Father, my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ. Amen

Scripture Reading 1 Corinthians 3:9 Mark 11:17 John 15

Dear Lord, You did not say in Your Word that as a Christian I would not be tempted, but rather that with Your help, I need not be overcome. ... You did not say that I could solve others' problems, but that I could introduce them to You, and that You would provide the answers. ... Oh Lord, help me to study Your Word until knowing Your laws and living by them becomes second nature to me, lest I stumble and cause others to fall.

In Your name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, if I may be walking through fields that are rough with grief and care, may I have the courage to continue on to the smooth pastures, where I may walk with comfort and peace. May I not let the weariness and sorrow that may come to my heart today dwarf my hope and enjoyment of the future. Amen.

A Prayer Of Faithfulness Unto Death”

Father, You are our light, our strength and our song; the Cornerstone of our faith and our solid ground that holds us firm through the fiercest drought and darkest storm. In the midst of tremendous trial we can still find heights of love and depths of peace that still our fears and release sweet assurance to our souls. From our first cry to our final breath You command our destiny and no enemy can thwart Your plan for our lives. We stand in Your power and walk in Your strength through Christ Jesus our Lord in whose name we pray. Amen.
Prayer adapted from lyrics of “In Christ Alone” by Keith Getty and Stuart Townend

For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20, NIV

Lord our God and our Father, we praise you because we are allowed to have community together in the name of Jesus, who has opened our eyes to see you and who has promised to be among us when we are gathered in his name. May our hearts remain unshadowed, even when our lives seem to grow difficult and the future looks dark. Protect us whenever we are tempted and have battles to fight. Deliver us. Make us free people who know we belong to you and who are allowed while still on earth to have a share in eternal life. Amen.

Dear Father, please help me as I face this day. Give me the wisdom to see that today is the best day of my life. For it is a gift given to me and one I should never take for granted.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your Words to us in the book of Proverbs, the wonderful book of wisdom. Lord, help us to learn from this book, and avoid the things that are not good, which You have shown us through these verses. Lord, deliver me from any laziness and slothful habits that keep me from doing and enjoying my work. Give me strength to do all that You would call me to do. Lord, keep me pure and deliver me from evil. I submit to You and Your will, and I will resist the devil and his temptations with Your Word, and I expect him to flee from me. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: