View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 2

WE DON’T CRAWL

"As God's people we stand on our feet; we don't crawl before anyone." Alcoholics Anonymous, page 83

"You didn't choose me. I chose you." John 15:16

For what it's worth: Shame had me crawl into Alcoholics Anonymous. Sure, I tried to hide my pitiful soul, but a tricky bunch of drunks saw right through the window dressing. Alcoholics Anonymous people offered me a drop of hope through their acceptance and sharing. They understood. They were like me. I was no longer alone. I belonged. They introduced me to a merciful, loving God – the One Who chose me - I did not choose Him. I was too sick and insane. As one of His chosen, I need to feel special, not shameful, despite my past, and despite what those of my past may still believe about me. If the shame attacks today, I will remember, "we don't crawl before anyone,"...that includes me.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: