View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 12

A POWERFUL LESSON

“We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know peace.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 84

"Submit to God and be at peace with him.” Job 22:21

For what it's worth: There was no peace, only war. Inside of me the conflict was with me; outside of me with everybody else. I always lost, and I used alcohol to deaden the damage. My Creator must have been watching, knew I was dying, and intervened, guiding me to Alcoholics Anonymous. Once I stopped drinking, I saw and felt the wounds I inflicted on myself and others. Alcoholics Anonymous people told me of a Higher Power who healed their hurt. First, they told me I had to do as they did: stop fighting, surrender my stubborn pride, and turn my will and my life over to God’s care. That was too much…until I was bleeding enough. When I finally stopped resisting, God began treatment immediately. He does most of the work Himself, but, He has referred me out to trusted professionals. During recovery, the Almighty Healer taught me a powerful lesson, keeping me from ever being at war with myself or anyone else, if I practice it: the more I abandon myself to my Heavenly Father in my daily life, the more peace I find each day with myself and others.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote