View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

Sick And Tired
"We wanted an easy way out.... When we did seek help we were only looking for the absence of pain."

Basic Text, p. 5

Sick and tired of being tired and sick! That is how I felt when I came into recovery. Unfortunately, this was how I felt a few weeks ago. I am glad that I have the program to help me to take steps to get out of a place I don't like being. The pain is always there. It is what I do with it and react to it that matters. I can make more healthy choices to take care of myself. I had gotten back into that "I don't care" attitude. I needed an attitude adjustment.

God answers knee-mail. I had to turn it over and I was directed to the health clinic. I started to get honest with me about my diet and habits and went to see my doctor about tests. I made the decision to be more active and to get involved in other things to get out of my pity party and depression.

Doing the Step Study has really helped me. It has helped me to get back and renew my relationship with myself and look at me in today. As the promises say, "We will not regret the past or wish to shut the door on it." That is very true. It shows me how far I have come and how far I have yet to go.

From 2009
Being sick and tired of being tired and sick is what brought me to recovery and what has kept me here. When I get into days like I had yesterday, I know it is time to go back to basics, which is generally, going back to reading old posts, doing meditation, and because I can't get out to meetings like I use to, God brings what I need into my space. Yesterday when I was out, he brought old and new friends into my path so that I got that conscious contact that I needed because, of myself I do not have the power to beat this disease.

I am so grateful for this site and the opportunity to share with you. Thank you for allowing me to share my journey with you.

I don't have to physically pick up, I just have to slip back into my old ways of thinking and my old attitudes and for me that is scary enough. I know that I am only an arms length away, and I don't want to be close enough to follow thought with action.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote