View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

Prayer to Be Real

by Gail Rodgers

“If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:26-27

prayer to action this in my life:

Dear Father in Heaven,
I don’t want to be considered a religious person because of pious, self righteous attitudes or because I keep certain rituals. I want my religion to be acceptable in your sight. I want it to be real! I want others to see you at work in and through my life, refining and reforming me and taming my tongue. Set a guard at my mouth Lord, so my talk and my walk reflect what you want. Help me to focus not so much on me but on those in need around me. Father, I need your help. I need your Holy Spirit to help keep me from the pollution in the world. It sifts into my life so easily. I want your purifying Spirit to change me. I want your Spirit to guide me to those to whom I can be your hands and feet. Show me orphans and widows that need a touch of your love. I want my life to demonstrate not empty religion but a relationship with you that shows in my day to day life. Thank you Father.
I ask these things in the name of Jesus, Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote