View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 07:16 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom Of The Rooms - 2016

January 4

Quote of the Week

"God can't give you anything new until you let go of the old."

Oh how I love to hang on to what I think I know. I came into the program filled with opinions, ideas, resentments, attitudes, beliefs, etc., and even though many of them were literally killing me, I fiercely resisted letting them go. I was obstinate and defensive, but because I had hit a bottom, I was also willing to try something new.

That willingness was the crack in my personality through which God's energy and grace entered. I was taught that with willingness comes surrender, and one by one I began peeling back the layers of the onion that were my old ideas. As I uncovered, discovered and discarded them, God gave me new ways of looking at, thinking about and acting in my life. Slowly, a new man was being born.

What I have found over the years is that letting go is a constant and ongoing process. Each new relationship, job, situation or season brings me face to face with some old ideas or opinions that I've not examined yet. When I become stuck or unhappy these days, I now know to pray for the willingness to let go so God can give me something new.

Today, I'm not as resistant to let go because I know that God always has something better for me.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links