View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #37
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

It boils right down to this: No man should be fired just because he is alcoholic. If he wants to stop, he should be afforded a real chance. If he cannot or does not want to stop, he should be discharged. The exceptions are few.

We think this method of approach will accomplish several things. It will permit the rehabilitation of good men. At the same time you will feel no reluctance to rid yourself of those who cannot or will not stop. - Pg. 148 - To Employers

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

As your are welcomed, you must welcome other addicts seeking help. Find someone today to share with. Remember: we teach best what we most need to learn. Sharing is the most important principle our program is built on and we begin every day on this principle.

God, as I understand You, help me begin this day by sharing what I've learned up to now. May everyday in my sobriety include sharing.

Tian Dayton, PhD. - Book Quotes - Emotional Sobriety

Amends

Today, I am willing for healing to take place in ruptured relationships. I have been doing the best that I can. My acknowledgement that I may have hurt someone else does not diminish me. I have also been hurt, and I extend the same understanding to myself that I do to others. We have all been doing the best that we knew how with the awareness we had to work with. My willingness to make amends speaks to my spiritual growth and desire for honesty. Making amends to others sets things straight with myself. My self-respect is growing to the extent that I am no longer comfortable with unfinished business. I will finish up my side for my own self and allow the rest to be where it is. It is for myself that I forgive; I do not need to control the result.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Meditation is something which can always be further developed. It has no boundaries, of width or height or depth. Aided by such instruction and example as we can find, it is essentially an individual adventure, something which each one of us works out in his own way. But its object is always the same: to improve our conscious contact with God, with His grace, wisdom, and love.
And let's always remember that meditation is in reality intensely practical. One of its first fruits is emotional balance. With it we can broaden and deepen the channel between ourselves and God as we understand Him.

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Although loving and being loved is an important aspect of balance in our lives�relationships are never the solution to drinking and other drug taking. We sometimes focus on the strong emotion of love from another rather than face loving ourselves by working the program.

Today I 'act as if� I am worth loving.

From "Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

All it takes to start a new meeting is a resentment and a coffeepot.

Alkie Speaks - Archives

If you want to quit drinking, you are going to have to quit drinking. - Mary G.

I can't do His will my way. - Mary G.

An alcoholic is a person who wants to be held while he's isolating. - Mary G.

Alkie Speaks

I am still not everything I want to be.... but thank God I am not what I use to be! ( Johnna C.)

Time for Joy

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I accept myself today and am grateful that I can grow from where I am. As I bring more and more love to myself, I continue to blossom and expand, growing to be the best of who I can be.

Did a search and it brought me to a site I use to post on. It was dated April 1st, 2011 my birthday.

Joy Quotes"

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
Joseph Campbell

Not sure if this is the right link, but liked what it has to say.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote