Old 04-21-2017, 06:14 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 21

Willing to Grow
Many of us exclaimed, “What an order! I can’t go through with it."
Do not be discouraged. No one among us has been able to maintain
anything like perfect adherence to these principles. We are not saints.
The point is, that we are willing to grow along spiritual lines.
- Alcoholics Anonymous, p.60

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Prayer
"Common sense would thus become uncommon sense.
I was to sit quietly when in doubt,
asking only for direction and strength
to meet my problems as He would have me.
Never was I to pray for myself,
except as my requests bore on my
usefulness to others.
Then only might I expect to receive.
But that would be in great measure."
Bill W., Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 13

Thought to Consider . . .
I listen for direction now.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
H O P E = Hang On, Pray Everyday

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Assistance
>From "To Employers":
"This is not to say that all alcoholics are honest and upright when not drinking. Of course that isn't so, and such people often may impose on you. Seeing your attempt to understand and help, some men will try to take advantage of your kindness. If you are sure your man does not want to stop, he may as well be discharged, the sooner the better. You are not doing him a favor by keeping him on. Firing such an individual may prove a blessing to him. It may be just the jolt he needs."
2001 AAWS, Inc., Fourth Edition; Alcoholics Anonymous, pg. 141

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"My need lay along spiritual lines, part of which consisted in helping others -- something startlingly new to me."
March 1945
"Ways of Coming into AA,"
Spiritual Awakenings II

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"When we became alcoholics, crushed by a self-imposed crisis we could
not postpone or evade, we had to fearlessly face the proposition that
either God is everything or else He is nothing. God either is or He isn't."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, We Agnostics, pg. 53~

I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character which stands in the way of my usefulness to you and my fellows.
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, Page 76~

We needn’t wallow in excessive remorse before those we have harmed, but amends at this level should always be forthright and generous.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 86

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Surveying the Past
We should make an accurate and really exhaustive survey of our past life as it has affected other people. In many instances we shall find that, though the harm done others has not been great, we have nevertheless done ourselves considerable emotional injury.
Then, too, damaging emotional conflicts persist below the level of consciousness, very deep, sometimes quite forgotten. Therefore, we should try hard to recall and review those past events which originally induced these conflicts and which continue to give our emotions violent twists, thus discoloring our personalities and altering our lives for the worse.
'We reacted more strongly to frustrations than normal people. By relieving these episodes and discussing them in strict confidence with somebody else, we can reduce their size and therefore their potency in the unconscious.'
1. TWELVE AND TWELVE, PP. 79-80
2. LETTER, 1957

Prayer For The Day: As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.
Thought to Ponder . . .
Spiritual progress isn't what gets us sober, it's what keeps us sober.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
S O B E R = Spiritually On Beam; Everything's Right.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote