View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 06:57 AM   #10
yukonm
Administrator

February 10

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

Here are thousands of men and women, worldly indeed. They flatly declare that since they have come to believe in a Power greater than themselves, to take a certain attitude toward that Power, and to do certain simple things, there has been a revolutionary change in their simple way of living and thinking. - Pg.50 - We Agnostics

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

In the beginning there probably isn't much time that goes by when you don't think about using. This is normal, after all, you've just lost your constant companion. Only time will remove your constant thoughts of your old buddies, drugs and alcohol, but it does pass.

Every time I think getting high would feel good, let me remember the pain in my gut and fear in my heart just a short time ago.

Getting Even Today

I will push myself through to letting go of some recent insult, knowing that if I don't I bind myself to that energy. Revenge only keeps me stuck at the place of wrong doing. Better to let go the hurt or insult than the act of kindness. If I want to continue to grow my blessings in life, I will look up not down. Today I will look toward someone who has been good to me and I will think of a way to repay their kindness, knowing that when I do that, my own life feels better, too.

I connect myself to the energy of goodness.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Do not ask what your Higher Power can do for you, but rather what you can do for your Higher Power. This gets us out of self.

Dear God, what can I do for you today?

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Formula for failure: try to please everyone.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I look inside for my answers. Today I will trust my instincts and my connecting to my Higher Power.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

An alcoholic is anyone I don't like who drinks more than me. - Dylan Thomas.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: