View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 10:35 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

TRUST HIS MERCY

"For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone." Romans 14:7

"To be doomed to an alcoholic death or to live on a spiritual basis are not always easy alternatives to face."

Alcoholics Anonymous, page 44

For what its worth: My alcoholic death would have been alone and in despair, most likely at my own hand, except for God's mercy and the spiritual power of Alcoholics Anonymous. Even after years of God-given sobriety, I am fully aware the end can still occur this way if I do not dedicate each day to living "on a spiritual basis". I am so blessed that my Heavenly Father lifted me off the road to hell and placed me on a path where people rarely fail when they follow proven principles of recovery. There are times, however, when I remain frightened of facing God alone. No defense, no excuses for the hurt I caused so many of His children. During such spiritually dark days I need to trust my Heavenly Father's loving mercy.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: