View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 07:29 AM   #12
yukonm
Administrator

August 11

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

So we think cheerfulness and laughter make for usefulness. Outsiders are sometimes shocked when we burst into merriment over a seemingly tragic experience out of our past. But why shouldn't we laugh? We have recovered, and have been given the power to help others. - Pg. 132 - The Family Afterwards

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Slow and sure.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

I will take time today to stop and give a gift to someone needy, smile at a stranger or help a small child.

I will take the time to do at least one thing that I usually find myself too busy to do, and I will inwardly smile at myself, taking the time to experience the feelings of my own kindness.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

I picked up this little pamphlet and on the back page it said 'Are you concerned about your drinking? If so call this number collect. 'So I called and I talked to this woman, and I told her some lies. I told her that a lot of people with whom I'd been working had drinking problems and could she help me to help them? And she said yes, there was literature and places that people could go, and she gave me lots of information and said she'd send me some books. We had a wonderful conversation and I just knew if I could just read this whole thing correctly I'd know how to control and enjoy my drinking.. And just as I was about to hang up she said: Sister, would you like to tell me a little bit about your own drinking?' She just knew. She said: 'I don't think you'd be making a long distance call at midnight if you were concerned about other people's drinking. And that was a moment of grace for me because I was able to break down and cry into the telephone to this strange voice to whom I'd never spoken before. I said: 'I don't know what to do, I don't know who to tell, I don't know where to go for help.' I'd become a public figure and I didn't want anybody to know and I was very afraid. And she said: 'Well why don't you start going to some AA meetings and listen to the feelings.' - Sr. Bea M.

One Day At A Time

yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: