View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 07:38 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

AA Thought for the Day

April 5

A New Life
Is sobriety all that we are to expect of a spiritual awakening? No, sobriety
is only a bare beginning; it is only the first gift of the first awakening.
If more gifts are to be received, our awakening has to go on.
- As Bill Sees It, p 8

Thought to Ponder . . .
Sobriety is not a destination, but an everlasting journey.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
H J F = Happy, Joyous, Free.

AA Thought for the Day

April 5

Dropping Blame
Where other people were concerned, we had to drop the word "blame" from our speech and thought.
This required great willingness even to begin.
But once over the first two or three high hurdles, the course ahead began to look easier.
- Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, pp. 47-48

Thought to Ponder . . .
Praise loudly; blame softly.

AA-related 'Alconym' . . .
A A = Altruistic Action.

Click here to read more Daily Recovery Readings - http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

~*~A.A. Thoughts For The Day~*~

Virtues
"We of AA are apt sometimes to brag
of the virtues of our fellowship.
Let us remember that none of these are earned virtues.
We have been forced into them, to begin with,
by the cruel lash of John Barleycorn.
We have adopted these attitudes, these practices,
this structure, not at first because we wished to
but because we had to.
But today I think we stand
willing to conform permanently and gladly
to the principles which experience,
under the grace of God,
has taught us."
Bill W., Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, p. 224

Thought to Consider . . .
Unless I accept my virtues,
I will be overwhelmed with my faults.

*~*~*AACRONYMS*~*~*
LET GO
Leave Everything To God, Okay?

*~*~*~*~*^Just For Today!^*~*~*~*~*

Traditions
>From "The Three Legacies of Alcoholics Anonymous":
"You will remember that episode back in our living room on Clinton Street. That was the time when my group told me I
[Bill W.] could never become an A.A. professional. With nearly every Tradition much the same thing has happened. At
first, I obeyed because I had to; I would have lost my standing in A.A. if I had not. After a while I began to obey because I
saw that the Traditions were wise and right. While I conformed because it was right to do, I still resisted inwardly.
"This was particularly true of anonymity. Today I hope I have come to a time in my A.A. life when I can obey because I
really want to obey, because I really want the Traditions for myself as well as for A.A. as a whole."
2001 AAWS, Inc.; Alcoholics Anonymous Comes of Age, pg. 136

*~*~*~*~*^ Grapevine Quote ^*~*~*~*~*

"My basic flaw had always been dependence -- almost absolute dependence -- on people or circumstances to supply
me with prestige, security, and the like. Failing to get these things according to my perfectionist dreams and
specifications, I had fought for them. And when defeat came, so did my depression."
AA Co-Founder, Bill W., January 1958
"The Next Frontier: Emotional Sobriety"
The Language of the Heart

~*~*~*~*^ Big Book & Twelve N' Twelve Quotes of the Day ^*~*~*~*~*

"Burn the idea into the consciousness of every man that he can get
well regardless of anyone. The only condition is that he trust in
God and clean house."
~Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Working With Others, pg. 98~

"Our very lives, as ex-problem drinkers, depend upon our constant
thought of others and how we may help meet their needs."
Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, There Is A Solution, pg. 20

We become as open-minded to conviction and as willing to listen as the dying can be.
-Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions p. 24

Misc. AA Literature - Quote

Spiritual Kindergarten
We are only operating a spiritual kindergarten in which people are enabled to get over drinking and find the grace to go on living to better effect. Each man's theology has to be his own quest, his own affair.
When the Big Book was being planned, some members thought that it ought to be Christian in the doctrinal sense. Others had no objection to the use of the word 'God,' but wanted to avoid doctrinal issues. Spirituality, yes. Religion, no. Still others wanted a psychological book, to lure the alcoholic in. Once in, he could take God or leave Him alone as he wished.
To the rest of us this was shocking, but happily we listened. Our group conscience was at work to construct the most acceptable and effective book possible.
Every voice was playing its appointed part. Our atheists and agnostics widened our gateway so that all who suffer might pass through, regardless of their belief or lack of belief.
1. LETTER, 1954
2. A.A. COMES OF AGE, PP. 162, 163, 167

Prayer For The Day: Dear heavenly Father, I praise you for all of Your goodness to us as Your children. I am blessed to know You and to follow You. Lord, help me to make wise decisions in all the things that I daily face. Give me Your love for all that I meet. Lord, in all of my affairs, help me not to procrastinate in dealing with the responsibilities that are before me. I do need Your guidance to know the things that should be priorities in my life, as sometime I do not know what needs to be taken care of first. Help me, in all my daily activities at home and at the office, to demonstrate Your nature. I ask this in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote