View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:46 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 2

Wisdom for Today
When I was busy getting high or wasted, whether at the bar or at a using buddy’s place, I was constantly worried about running out. I always had to keep the “fridge” filled with cold beer. I could never let my “stash” run out. I always had to have “more.” It became a way of life for me.

The twelve-step program is not so different. It too is a way of life. Each of us uses the principles of the program in different ways, but with the same purpose. Some of us use quiet time and meditation, some use meetings and sponsors, some use twelve-step social functions with the intent of learning a new way to live – clean and sober. One thing that we can’t forget is that
we need to be refilled constantly. Do I use the program to get refilled?
Meditations for the Heart
Prayer was a very difficult thing for me in early recovery. It was something I had to grow into. Then my sponsor told me it was simply “talking to a friend.” That was something I could do. A true friend was somebody that was willing to listen, someone who cared, and someone who would give me guidance. A true friend would look out for me and would pick me up if I stumbled. I true friend would point out the stumbling blocks along the way. Is my Higher Power my true friend?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

There are times that my tank runs on empty. Remind me to continue to refill my recovery engine when I need to. Be my friend as I walk through this day and guide me along the way.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: