View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 3

Wisdom for Today
When I as active in my addiction, I did not take care of myself physically, mentally, or spiritually. Frequently, I did not eat enough or ate the wrong things. I never got any exercise other than lifting a “cold one.” Mentally I played lots of games. I made many assumptions that were wrong. I was constantly busy figuring out what my next lie would have to be. My whole belief system was messed up. And spiritually, I had simply given up all hope. I was convinced that “God” did not exist or had forgotten about me, when in truth it was I who had forgotten about Him. I had become as useless as a lump of clay. Am I taking better care of myself physically, mentally, and spiritually?
Meditations for the Heart
Just like a lump of clay, I am shapeless and formless when I walk into the doors of the twelve-step program. Though the handiwork and care of sponsors, other recovering addicts and alcoholics, my life began to shape up. My “Higher Power” also worked hard to craft me to a new usefulness. I was “fired” in the kiln of the twelve steps. I was glazed in the principles of honesty, openness, and willingness and fired again. Today I can see that I have become a “new vessel,” one that can be used for good in this world. Can I see the beginnings of usefulness in my life?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Today I want to be of service to others and of service to you. Help me to accept your will in my life. Mold me, shape me, and use me for good in this world today.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: