View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 4

Wisdom for Today
In early recovery it is vitally important to keep our faculties about us. If we don’t stay alert, we may not recognize that we are in trouble until it is too late. It is all too easy to overextend ourselves, trying to get the quick fix. There were many problems I faced in early recovery. I felt driven to try and resolve them right away. I wanted immediate gratification.

I found myself working extra hours trying to dig out of my financial mess. I found myself agreeing to do things I should have said no to. I thought that keeping busy was the answer. However, I soon found myself out on a limb and very tired. When I got overtired, I couldn’t think straight. My recovery was at risk. Fortunately I had the program reminding me to slow down. Easy does it, HALT, let go and let God were that slogans being repeated over and over again. Am I willing to slow down and focus on self-preservation? Do I know that getting overtired is not good for me?
Meditations for the Heart
Understanding that recovery is a process that occurs over time is a concept I cannot afford to ignore. I didn’t become an alcoholic or addict overnight. I certainly can’t expect to fix all my problems overnight. Learning to slow down and rest along the road to recovery is important for my health. Now that I have some time under my belt, I can see that slowing down actually helped me resolve my problems quicker, in part, because the fix lasted. Am I willing to trust God’s plan for me? Do I understand that He will lead me in His time frame?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Today let me do only those things that are necessary. Help me to know when to stop and rest. Renew my strength and let me know I am secure in recovery when I follow your will for my life. Let me focus on what is important today.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: