View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 06:40 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

Wisdom for Today
We admitted. The first two words of step one are most important. The longer that I have been clean and sober, the more I realize that this was not something I could have done on my own. Looking back I had made many, many attempts to change, control, and quit on my own. Each of these attempts ultimately led to failure and I was back in the insanity of my addiction. It was not until I was ready to stop doing it my way that things changed. I needed the help of others. I had to become “we.”

Have I admitted that I am addicted? Have I stopped trying to run the show my way? Am I convinced that my way doesn’t work? Is there any doubt left that says, “Someday I will be able to drink or use again?” Admitting that I was powerless was not an easy task. It meant a radical shift in my thinking. Fortunately, being powerless was not the same thing as being helpless. I did
not choose to become addicted or alcoholic. I just wanted to be like everyone else and have a good time. But once I admitted that I had this illness, I had to take responsibility for recovery. Have I accepted the responsibility of recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
It’s all good. This must be my roadmap for today. It is easy to get caught up in the “tunnel vision” that recovery is awful or too hard. Do I believe that God cares for me and will provide what I need for this day? When I believe this, I can see that God is with me at all times. I can begin to see that even in my most difficult times in recovery that He will give me what I need to deal with the problems I face. And this certainly is good.

As I walk though this day, I can stop along the way and see His grace. I can see those times when He places people in my life to give me direction, encouragement, and wisdom. I can choose to be grateful for each miracle I experience. Do I trust that God walks with me each step of the way?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

One step at a time I must walk though this day. I admit I need guidance along the way. God help me to follow your will for me. Step by step you show me the way. I have to “walk the walk” but you show the way. When I stumble along the way God, pick me up so that I may continue on this path.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: