View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 06:41 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 6

Wisdom for Today
What are the building blocks of our program? Honesty, fellowship, faith in our Higher Power, and caring, are a few I have found important. We can never fully attain these goals. Yet, these are the things we need to build on if we are to be successful in recovery. Honesty is where it all starts. We must find honesty with our addiction; if we continue to lie to ourselves about having this disease, we stand no chance of getting better. We each surrounded ourselves with people to support our addiction and need to surround ourselves with the fellowship that supports recovery. Learning to have faith that God can and will do for us what we can’t do on our own is an important factor in the quality of our recovery. It makes the difference between being miserable and sober and content and clean. And finally, learning to really care for others and for ourselves is what working the steps is all about. Am I including these building blocks in the foundation of my recovery?
Meditations for the Heart
Knock and the door will be opened. I believe that my Higher Power is always ready to help me. When I feel as if my life is in stormy times, I know that there is a safe haven to which I can go and the door will always be opened for me. God helps me to find peace in the storm. He grants me the courage to deal with the struggles I have. I am sure that His help is always there. He anticipates my needs even before I ask. The fact that I survived my addiction is ample evidence for me of His anticipating my needs. God was surely looking out for me as I was not looking out for myself. Do I see that God anticipates my needs?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

Today I walk in the confidence that you are always ready to help me. I trust that you will give me what I need for this day. Help me today to strengthen the building blocks in the foundation of my recovery.

Amen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: