View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 8

Wisdom for Today
We all traveled different paths to arrive at the door of opportunity that recovery offers. The same is true regarding our concept of “God as we understand Him.” Many of us claimed to believe and have faith when we were active in our addiction, but our behavior did not match our words. We may have asked for God’s help, but we did not accept it when His hand reached out to offer help.

As we enter the Twelve Step program, we all start in different places with regard to our spiritual faith. Yet one thing is sure -- we all need to grow in this area. Some of us can crawl, others walk and still others may be able to spiritually run right from the start. Do I realize that I need to grow spiritually if I am to succeed at abstinence?
Meditations for the Heart
Our journey toward spiritual health often begins in a place of weakness. Yet it is in this place of weakness that we are most receptive to grow in faith. The program offers plenty of evidence that it works. We can see that many before us have used the steps to grow and stay in recovery. Faith begins with a willingness to accept this reality and begin to trust that the steps indeed can lead us out of insanity. Opening ourselves to the concept of “God as we understand Him” can indeed be where we find hope in the middle of hopelessness. Do I recognize that I can no longer be my own Higher Power? Am I willing to open myself to the spiritual principles of the program?
Petitions to my Higher Power
God,

It seems strange to call out to You this way. I always looked for a quick fix. Help me today to be open to the spiritual principles of the program. Increase my willingness to have faith.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: