View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 9

Wisdom for Today

When I was active in my addiction, I thought I was having fun and that life was good. As my disease progressed, I began to experience all the harmful consequences associated with my drinking and using. Early in my recovery life was not a lot of fun. It seemed as if my whole life had been taken away from me. I had a hard time seeing that what was actually happening was that I was finally getting my life back. I kept going to meeting after meeting, and little by little I found my life and myself again. There were times I could laugh again. I found myself being able to look others and myself in the face again. I found that I no longer felt like I was on the wrong side of the tracks. It didn’t happen all at once, but over time I found meaning in my life again. Do I believe that the program can bring meaning back into my life?

Meditations for the Heart

I will search after the Divine Spirit in life and trust that God will bring meaning back into my life. I will search to improve my conscious contact with God, as I understand Him. For in doing this, I know that I will find the answers I am looking for. I know that when I search after this Higher Purpose, I find not only what I am looking for; but I also find what I need. Am I willing to search for God’s will for me?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Today let me laugh and find enjoyment in the simple gifts that the program provides. Help me to remain forever grateful for each day I am given back in recovery. Help me to see that even my bad days now are far better than when I was wasted.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: