View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:06 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 10

Wisdom for Today

I believe that each of has an inner desire to be loved. We want others to care for us, often times secretly. We want to know that others will be there and reach out to us when we are in need. With addiction to alcohol or drugs, often times this inner desire gets skewed. We look to alcohol or drugs to fulfill this inner desire. In the height of my addiction I looked to drugs and alcohol for comfort, love and to satisfy my inner desires.

In recovery I need to recognize how easy it is to misplace this desire for love. It is easy to misplace this desire on to things, people and even my Higher Power in unhealthy ways. If I am honest with myself, and others and even God, as I understand Him, I can find healthy ways to accept love. I do not need to try and manipulate the process to satisfy my inner desire. Am I still trying to manipulate others or God into accepting me?

Meditations for the Heart

Perhaps one of the best ways to assure that I am not trying to manipulate is to learn how to love myself. I need to realize and accept that I am valuable and worthy of love. I do this by loving myself. This means that I care enough about myself to correct myself when I am wrong, just like a father corrects his children when they do things that are hurtful, dishonest or manipulative. This is an act of self-love in a healthy way. Step Ten teaches us to admit our wrongs. Do I see that I wrong myself when I try to hide or manipulate others or try to hide or manipulate the way I view myself rather than seeing me as I really am?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Someone once told me, “God don’t make junk.” Help me value myself as You value and love me. Help me to recognize and accept love from others in the program. Help me not to try and manipulate to satisfy my inner desire for love. Give me courage for this day.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: