View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:08 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Wisdom for Today

I can remember thinking, “What am I doing here?” I really didn’t see how going to meetings was going to help. I would go and sit around, not say much and hope the "magic" would work. When it became apparent that just sitting around wasn’t going to work, I realized I had to put it into action. That meant going to meetings regularly, sharing my story, talking about the problems I faced along the way and helping others. As I began to become more involved and put as much energy into my recovery as I did drinking and using, I soon began to leave meetings feeling better. No longer was I leaving grumpy and dissatisfied with life, but I was happy. Something was working. Am I giving of myself, my time, energy and effort at meetings?

Meditations for the Heart

I remember building “forts” as a child. Sometimes I made them with an old blanket that I draped over a table. Later I made them out of sticks and limbs I found in to forest. Inside my fort I always felt safe. The program is a lot like that. If we build a secure foundation, strong walls and a roof that doesn’t leak, we feel safe. Through active participation at meetings, talking with a sponsor and listening to the winners, I found the building blocks to help me feel safe in recovery. Real security came with knowing that as long as I remained active in the fellowship and worked the steps, I would find that the promises were there for me. Am I working to make my recovery secure?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Today show me the building blocks I need to use in my life. Help me to have faith that You will guide my steps. Let me listen to Your directions along the way. Let me experience the miracle of life today.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: