View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:09 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

Wisdom for Today

As I have walked through life in the program, I have learned many things. Perhaps one of the more important things that I have learned is that there are two kinds of Wisdom. There is spiritual wisdom. This is the wisdom we gain when we seek to improve our conscious contact with God and His will for us. Learning to recognize that God is active in our lives and that He gives us direction is also a part of this wisdom.

Secondly, there is practical wisdom. This is the wisdom regarding the choices we make regarding our behavior. Practical wisdom tells us not to drink or use that which is poison to our lives. Practical wisdom tells us what is healthy. Practical wisdom pushes us to care for ourselves.

Meditations for the Heart

I have so many choices. What is the next right thing to do? Which way do I turn? Whom can I turn to for help? When should I proceed? Where should I go? This is where the wisdom, both spiritual and practical, comes into play. What questions do I have in my life today that need answers? Am I seeking wisdom in my search for answers and direction? Do I trust the answers that I get?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God, I know that you are willing to guide me along the path of recovery. Help me to listen for direction. Bring people into my life that can teach me the wisdom of the program. Grant that the choices I make lead me in a healthy direction.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: