View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 15

Wisdom for Today

At first it was so much fun. It was exciting, and I was on top of the world. But over time as my drinking and drug use progressed, I began to experience more and more problems. For a long time I could explain away the problems, or I could blame the problems on something other than my use. My dependence on drugs and alcohol became more and more evident as the consequences provided more and more evidence that I had a problem. Despite all this, I kept on going; and my use became an obsession. I had lost all control.

In the Twelve Step program, I had to face the truth; I was addicted. I stopped drinking and using, yet my life did not return to immediate happiness. Just because I had stopped using didn't mean my problems disappeared. I still had much to change. This is where the steps and guidance from those people who had been there helped. Little by little I changed. Today I know I still have work to do. Recovery continues one day at a time. Am I willing to use the steps and the fellowship to help me change the things I can?

Meditations for the Heart

Today I will be calm and know that each day presents new challenges and new rewards. I will be calm because I know and trust that the promises are real and that I can have each of them if I do the work and follow my Higher Power's direction. Sometimes I hear people say that God is in the driver’s seat. I don't follow that logic. I am the one who has to walk the walk. I am the one who must be responsible for my recovery. I am the one that needs to be in the driver's seat. But I do want God to read the road map and show me the way. Am I doing all that I must do to be responsible for my recovery? Do I ask God for direction along the way?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Today help me to stay focused on the tasks at hand. Encourage me to follow the steps to recovery. Tell me when to turn and when to stop. Let me know if I need to take an alternate route. Give me the patience not to get frustrated with the process, and help me to trust that You are always there to help me when I need it.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: