View Single Post
Old 05-30-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Daily Reprieve - June

June 1

CHOSEN FOR ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS

“We were in a position where life was becoming impossible, and if we had passed into the region from which there is no return through human aid, we had but two alternatives: One was to go on to the bitter end, blotting out the consciousness of our intolerable situation as best we could; and the other, to accept spiritual help.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 25

“Brothers, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.” 1 Corinthians 1: 26 & 27

For what it’s worth: Life was impossible in the region of no return. I attempted to escape the bitter end by suicide often when I was drunk. But God would not let me die. I cursed Him because I could not see He had chosen me for Alcoholics Anonymous. I may never know why. There were many far more deserving than I. I could never have entered on this spiritual journey without God's intervention. And, even after many sober years, my weaknesses and defects make God do all the work. If I am to make any progress along this spiritual path, I need Him every day. If I try to walk alone, I stumble and fall. But I thank God I have found a sure way of rising up and moving on. All I have to do is be grateful I am chosen, and think about those I know who were not.

God bless you!
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links