View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 16

Wisdom for Today

It was indeed a heavy load that I carried around because of my drinking and drug use. The dishonesty, guilt and shame all piled up into a tremendous burden. Addiction turned me into a liar. In order to get what I wanted I would con, manipulate and lie. I lived in constant fear of being found out. I lived constantly trying to hide from others and myself.

When I walked into the Twelve Step program, my dishonesty did not just vanish because I stopped using. I still wanted to hide. But I found acceptance in the eyes of those people sitting around the tables. I listened to others whose story was like mine. I heard people talk openly and honestly. I wanted what they had. I could see the freedom that honesty provided. I found out that I did not have to hide anymore. Have I gotten rid of the heavy load that dishonesty and addiction provide?

Meditation for the Heart

As fear, worry, deceit and lying slipped away, I found new spiritual principles filling my life; and with them came serenity and peace of mind. Old ways sometimes die hard and are quick to come back. It is easy to slip back into dishonesty, but I can never afford to lie to myself about my addiction. I am an alcoholic and an addict. I must rely on the guidance from my Higher Power and find the courage to remain true to myself and to my Higher Power. It is the only way to find freedom. Do I let dishonesty enslave my heart and mind?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Today let me be honest and truthful in all that I do. When fear grabs my heart, help me to find courage to speak in truth. When I want to run and hide, let me seek Your guidance. Lead me to freedom.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links