View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 06:15 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 17

Wisdom for Today

What an incredible beating alcohol and drugs put me through! Waking up in the morning with my head feeling three sizes too big, jumpy nerves and nausea, pounding headaches - all were a part of the physical beating. Then there was the mental punishment. The worry, anxiety, fear seemed constant. The remorse, regret and guilt were constant companions. The shame of realizing what I had done to the people I cared about and the inability of being able to even look at myself in the mirror were all a part of the mental pain I claimed because of my use. Then came the loss of freedom and the loss of dreams and even the loss of self in the spiritual demise that addiction provided.

It was an awful beating that alcohol and drugs provided. The physical, mental and spiritual devastation was complete. Yet the insanity of the disease told me that next time would be different. But it was not. My family told me to get out. They had had enough. Am I convinced that I am beaten? Am I ready to give up?

Meditations for the Heart

When you reach the point of defeat, you are left with no choice but to give up. But this brings on the question of what or who can help me if I cannot help myself. When I sought the path of the Divine Spirit, it meant that everything in my life suddenly had to change direction. I could no longer continue on the path I was on. The reversal of direction was not easy. My body had to heal physically, my mind needed time to clear, and I had to admit that I was not God. This new path seemed very rocky at first, and I had no idea where it would lead. But I had to stay the course because I knew where the other path I was on would end up - total destruction of my life. Soon I found that this new path led me to something I did not expect - peace of mind and hope. No one said it would be easy, but it was simple -- follow the principles of the program. Do I see that this new path can only bring me good?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Today guide me along this new path. Help me to hold onto the hand that recovery offers, and lead me to a place of peace. Help me to heal physically, mentally and spiritually. Give me the gift of hope in this new way of living. Give me the courage and strength to stay on this path and not go back to the one that led to my destruction.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: