View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 22

Wisdom for Today

Living in a dead-end life happened because I refused to be honest with others or myself. I had to always be on the run to avoid the truth of my addiction. I didn’t want to give up my alcohol or drugs. I didn’t want to admit that I was out of control. I didn’t want to give up my anger and resentments. I didn’t want to give up my selfishness. I didn’t want to give up my way of thinking.

All this led me to a place where my drinking and using was truly threatening my life and all that I valued. Still no matter how severe the consequence, I couldn’t bring myself to admit that I was whipped. If I was ever going to find a way out of the insanity, I had to change my thinking. I had to give up and surrender. I had to admit I was and always will be addicted. Have I changed my thinking?

Meditations for the Heart

Life without limits is possible in the program, for my Higher Power is not limited in what He can do for me. This does not mean that I can run wild and have no guidelines to follow; but it does mean that with the words, “He can,” my life can be limitless. There is such freedom in surrender. Yes, this is paradoxical; but it is how it works. Giving up control and letting go is the only way out. Those first steps on the road to recovery are not easy. In fact, it is the hardest thing I have ever done. Still it is a simple thing to say, “I can’t.” And then with God's help, the recovery process can begin. Do I really believe “I can’t?” Do I believe that “He can?”

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

The vision of what my life will be is not always clear. Help me to trust that Your vision for me is limitless. Help me to take just one step at a time on this journey. Thank You for the freedom You provide me in surrender.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: