View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 29

Wisdom for Today

Worry takes so much energy. When I was drinking and using, I was always concerned about what tomorrow would bring. I had no idea what was going to happen. Would I end up in jail? Would I end up broke and living on the street? Would I lose my job? Would I lose my family? All that energy going into tomorrow left little energy for the day I was living in. Sometimes my worry would progress into fear and even hopelessness. I even entertained thoughts of ending my life when I felt so worthless. Guilt and shame were my constant companions.

Just because I stopped drinking and using did not bring an end to my worries. It was only when I really began to use the steps as a guide for my life that my worries started to diminish. I was able to begin to use my energy in today, and I started to see things change. Unfortunately, when things still go wrong, as they do in life, I can still find myself back in the old habit of worrying. This is when I have to go back to basics - the first three steps. I can't, He can, and I'll let Him. Turning my worries over to God has helped me tremendously. It has taken a lot of practice, but it has gotten easier over time. Am I willing to turn my fears and problems over to God? Am I ready to follow His direction for addressing these problems?

Meditations for the Heart

Life is not always easy. No one promised me it would be. However, how I respond to the situations that life presents me with is a choice. I can respond as an addict or an alcoholic would respond, or I can respond to each situation with wisdom. Wisdom is a gift from God. Wisdom can be learned. Usually, when I have a difficult problem I am facing, the first thing I need to do is seek out a quiet place and talk with God. In prayer I can find wisdom. The next thing I need to do is seek out advice and help from others in the program. I can learn wisdom from these people. Then I need to pray some more and make a decision as to the wise course of action to take. Finally, I must initiate action and evaluate the outcome. If it works, I don't try to fix it. If the problem still remains, I repeat the earlier steps until a solution is reached. Notice, I don't plan the outcome; I just follow the steps. Do I trust that God will give me the wisdom I need?

Petitions to my Higher Power

God,

Each day begins differently, and each day I face new challenges. Guide me to Your wisdom, and lead me to the people who can teach me wisdom. Help me to focus on just one day at a time, for I already know this is wise.

Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: