Thread: Relapse
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2017, 12:21 AM   #7
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Where would I be today without 12-Step Recovery?”

That is easy, I would be dead for sure. For me to relapse is to die, using is just not an option. I qualify for just about every 12 Step group there is. You qualify for Al-Anon and Nar-Anon, because you know me. I have 3-33 reasons to go to Al-Anon. I have a son in active addiction and I had to learn to detach from sponsees, especially the two that relapsed and died.

Where would I be today without the fellowship and a
connection to others just like me where I am understood
and loved?

I remember hearing the people laughing and wondering how come, if they had a life like mine, they wouldn't be laughing. I was to find that many had stories much worse than mine. I didn't know what they had, but I wanted it. I found it in Spades as the old saying goes. I found sobriety, soundness of mind and a new way to live. I found myself reflected in the people in the rooms, what you see in others is a reflection of what is in you. They loved me back to good health.

What would life be like without faith and trust in my
Higher Power?

Without my HP, I would have relapsed and died. He did for me what I couldn't do for myself. I tried my way for 8 years, and my way didn't work. He lead me to AA and through His Grace I have stayed.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote