View Single Post
Old 12-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

I don't like that term "drug of choice." They use that in treatment centers a lot I noticed. In the program I understand that a drug is any substance that is mind altering , mood altering, or lets me not feel, run from myself because I may not like who I am , or even know who I am. A 'drug' changes us in many neurological ways..for many of us who started early on, like me, I never really "grew up" ..I may be 48 but left myself back at the early 20's..I just ran and ran, from one substance to another..there really was no "drug of choice" ..like you said it was just more of! A drug for me is not just alcohol and drugs, but also food, relationships, playing victim, cigarettes, coffee and other caffeine drinks-though due to my bi polar, I am not to use these to the extent I once did. Well , any substance that makes us not feel, that numbs us emotionally, and blocks us spiritually. I have been to several NA meetings where they said Alcohol is a drug! Hey, a drug is a drug..no matter what it is, when I use it to get relief from something, like boredom, anxiety, fear all that good stuff it is being used as a drug for me. Good topic, thanks to all, Peace, Schell

This was shared by my friend who just posted on the site.

Tonight I was asking myself if I was stuffing my feeling tonight when I ate my Christmas dinner. I had turkey with jellied cranberries, stuffing, mashed garlic potatoes, mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, yellow and green beans) and I made mushroom gravy. I didn't have salad because I didn't figure I had room to eat it all, a salad seems to fill me up when I eat it first. I didn't know I was going to eat THREE egg buns. I later had a bowl of caramel and fudge ice cream.

I have been upset with my son and his actions, I hardly spoke to him all day because I knew if I did, it would end up in a blow out of an argument. He was very aware of my feelings and he stayed in his room. It wasn't the happiest Christmas and have felt sad and hurt by his words and actions. One day at a time, it will pass. All I can do is pray and take care of myself. I normally eat about 2/3rd of what I had on my plate, without the buns. Food is just as much of a drug as alcohol and drugs. Relationships are just as much of a drug, especially when we can't see no and run away from an argument and saying the words we need to say. I now feel like I am on an emotional hangover.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote