View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #207
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
They say it is principles before personalities and to practice these principles in all our affairs. NA quotes this at the end of their meetings here. A newcomer asked me why it was repeated so often. I said it was probably because it was something people needed to be reminded about. It isn't about not using. It is about using without abusing ourselves and others.

It isn't about drugs and alcohol, it is about living with our fellow man and becoming a better person. A person who is no longer acting out in their disease. A person who has become healthy and learning a new way of living. A person who walks their talk.

I can't go wrong when I practice these principles and apply the Steps to my life on a daily basis. It is about living the program. Not just putting the plug in the jug, not just acting out in my old patterns and behaviors; it is about getting along in the community and being useful and helpful members of society. No more putting others down to make me feel good, no more self-centeredness and disregard for others, no more thinking I am the great I am.

It is about taking an honest look at myself. Hopefully, giving hope to others and sharing my experience and strength too. Letting others be themselves, there is no right way or wrong way to work the program. It is what is good for each individual. It is the God of my understanding and yet I try to keep an open mind and accept you and your God too.

We hear all the time about the Steps. We hear too little about the principles behind them.
Something I posted on another site.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote