View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 03:59 PM   #8
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Food for Thought
Service

We compulsive overeaters have often spent our lifetimes being most concerned with getting, taking in, and consuming. Nourishing ourselves is necessary, but it is also necessary that we give. To stay alive, one must breathe out as well as in.

As we recover, we become stronger each day and better able to serve others. When we stop eating compulsively, we are amazed at the amount of time and energy we have available for useful activities. For one thing, we feel much better physically, since we are eating the amount and type of food, which our bodies need for optimum functioning. For another, we become stronger emotionally and spiritually as we work the Twelve Steps.

Each day, we can be open to opportunities to serve our OA groups, families, and friends. As we give out more and take in less, we gain new satisfaction and self-respect.

Show me where I may serve, Lord.
Have been involved in service outside of my group since I was 2 years sober. I don't think I would still be clean and sober in today, if it wasn't for service. I went into jails, detox, and the community to help others. They say, if you don't give it away, you can't keep it. You have to have it in order to give it away. How can I help others, if I can't help myself. We share our experience, strength, and hope, with the hope that what we went through, will help someone else. If it doesn't that is okay, it helped me and kept me clean and sober. We get out of Self to help others. We don't do service to say, "Hey! Look at me."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: